Monday, April 11, 2011

Rudd's Turf and Landscaping


314-368-6581


You see, my idea was this: digging up the front yard would be a really nice father and son's spring day activity! They seem to enjoy chopping wood together, why not digging?

Imagine the most lumpy and bumpy and weedy patch you've ever seen and that is our yard. I knew it needed help, but I didn't know what...weeding, seeding, sodding, leveling, grading? I was confident these bright men could figure it out.

But you know, they really were not interested in figuring it out, nor could a glimmer of interest be enticed from them. "We could just call one of those companies who spray the yard with chemicals every few weeks," they suggested..... trying to be helpful. Aw, but they wouldn't be a local privately owned business and remember the last time we did that? The yard became addicted to that stuff and the day after we stopped using the chemicals the weeds returned stronger than ever.

How about I ask the helpful folks at Garden Heights Nursery?

They recommended a few great companies and highly recommended Rudd's Turf and Landscaping. I called Mr. Rudd Hebert and caught him just before his busiest season was underway.

He came by: evaluated our little weed garden, made some recommendations and some estimates. We said yes and he said he could start Monday.


He arrived this morning with the neatest little dirt machine you've ever seen. He and that machine worked all day moving more dirt than I thought could be under those weeds.


As I watched those piles and piles of dirt moving from this high spot to that low spot,
it became clear to me: that is why those intelligent men in my life weren't excited about my digging plan. It would have taken them days to move all that dirt with a shovel.


No comments:

Post a Comment