Sunday, April 10, 2011

reflections


Since my daughter, Alli, and I saw the first trailer for a new "Jane Eyre" movie, we have eagerly looked forward to seeing it together. That was months ago, before my resolve to shop only at independently owned businesses. So when it was released a couple of weeks ago I steadfastly reminded her I couldn't go after all, because the studios or the distributors or someone won't let Mr. Ross show it at the Hi-Pointe. She decided to see it with some friends, loved it, and insisted the cinematography was stunning and I must see it on the "big screen". I still remained unshaken in my determination. However, today she insisted that

1. I had promised, and
2. the whole family could go tonight, and
3. she was paying, and
4. I really could not say no!

Well, I've never been able to tell my very persuasive first born child no. I considered since I would be her guest, it would not be cheating to go to a competitor of the Hi-Pointe Theatre.

But I came away wishing I could have seen it at the Hi-Pointe and with two more reasons to choose the Hi-Pointe Theatre whenever you can!

1. The movie will always be on the "Big Screen"! Unlike tonight at the multiplex where this cinematic beauty was relegated to the little shoe box screen.

and

2. You don't have to sit through several minutes of commercials before seeing the movie you have already paid to see!


1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say "thanks" for introducing me to The Hi-Point! It's such a classy and cute theater, and is now pretty much the only place I'll go to see a movie.

    ReplyDelete