Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Paper Warehouse



Monday is a big day for our girl, Isabel.  She is getting better everyday and will be leaving the hospital for therapy at a less intensive facility.

Alli decided a celebration is in order, so she is making a cake.  And when Alli makes a cake, it is some cake!! I'll be going to my favorite locally owned party place for suitable plates and napkins: Paper Warehouse in Kirkwood on Manchester. There is also a store in Creve Coeur but Kirkwood is on our way to the Hospital. Paper Warehouse has been an independent retailer since 1976; they will have something beautiful, worthy of the masterpiece Alli will create.


With so many wonderful colors 


and patterns


to choose from


 this will be a cheerful decision.


Since a party is one of my favorite things,


I will allow enough time to browse 


for future ideas.


The Paper Warehouse is also a place to find gifts. 


They have all manner of ribbon

 and wrapping

 

to make a unique package.

In fact, one of my favorite gifts for someone who has everything is a basket of colorful paper plates, cups and napkins, so they have all they need to plan a casual lunch or dessert party.


But my mind wanders. Back to Isabel's party, I think daisies will 


represent our hopeful and optimistic mood!



1 comment:

  1. This looks like a really fun store! I'm going to have to go there next time I need party supplies. I normally shop at Party City, Wal-mart, or Dollar Tree for that type of thing, but you have gotten me thinking a lot about shopping at locally owned stores.

    I wanted to tell you about our favorite toy store, Imagination Toys. My husband happened upon this place two or three years ago, and it is absolutely our favorite toy store! They are on Clayton Road between I-170 and Lindbergh. They have the best toys, most of which are both educational and fun! My kids love the store, and I have a hard time getting them out of there, even when we are trying to make it to a birthday party!

    ReplyDelete