Tuesday, November 1, 2011

reflections

"The biggest mistake people make in life 
is not trying to make a living 
at doing what they most enjoy."  
Malcolm Forbes

Aw, sickness and travel have distracted me from one of my favorite activities:
telling you about all the excellent local businesses I'm discovering. However, while travelling I've been thinking.  Thinking that every time we shop at a small local business we are not only helping someone make a living, but make a living at something they enjoy.  And that, I believe, makes the world a nicer place to live.

Let's think for a moment of all the dedicated people we've met over the last few months.
Whether they are showing movies
rick-homepage
or making music;
painting houses,



designing houses or 
fixing houses;
selling baby things or
joeschwabeuclid2.jpg
selling records;
Making cookies and cakes or
growing tomatoes and zucchini;
or earning RFT's title of "best barista" in St. Louis....

they brighten St. Louis with their energy and talent.
And it is our privilege to support them in their dedication to our hometown.



2 comments:

  1. Finding the correct Toner Cartridges for my computer has been very hard lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat, I've found a place to get computer ink, toner and stuff. It is called J & E Office City in Maplewood. Call before you go, I think they order specific types and have it within 24 hours. I haven't had a chance to write about them, but I'm hoping to get that done this week. Let me know if it works for you.

    ReplyDelete